Q: Why does your chocolate taste so good?
A: Our chocolate tastes good for a few reasons. The main reason is that we don't use palm kernel oil, something used by bigger companies to make their chocolate more liquid for giant machinery to mass produce. Our chocolate, without this additive, tastes better, but is slightly harder to work with. It’s all worth it though, because our chocolate tastes delicious! The other reasons come down to secret family recipes and care, making sure each truffle is the right consistency and flavor before coating it with chocolate.
Q: Where are you located?
A: We are located at 204 N. 1st Avenue, in beautiful Sandpoint, Idaho. Right in the heart of downtown Sandpoint, we are one block away from Lake Pend Oreille and City Beach. The pleasant downtown atmosphere is a hub for all beach and boating activities. We are right along Sand Creek as well, so if you are out boating, you can just moor your boat on the boardwalk, and we are a short walk away. During the winter, we are just 13 miles away from Schweitzer Mountain Resort, one of the most popular ski locations in the Inland Northwest. A short stop in for truffles and hot chocolate is the perfect way to celebrate a day of skiing.
Q: Is there anywhere else that we can purchase your chocolate?
A: We know not everyone can make it to Sandpoint, so we have expanded the locations where you can find our products. All varieties may not be available everywhere. If you know a great location for us, please send an email mail to: email@example.com.
Chocolates can be purchased in our online store as well, so if you can't make it up to see us in person, you can always purchase some chocolates online!
Our Current Locations:
Beardmore Bistro- Priest River, Idaho
Gourmandie- Schweitzer Mountain Resort
Stoneridge Resort and Condominiums- Blanchard, Idaho
Taps Bar- Schweitzer Mountain Resort
The Well Read Moose- Couer d'Alene, Idaho
Q: What is there to do in Sandpoint?
- We have almost every type of outdoor activity available to you in a thirty minute drive from town. No really, we do. So if you love the outdoors, why not visit?
- Restaurants with delicious food are all over the town. If you stay for a week, you could eat every meal in a different place. There are about ten restaurants within a stone's throw of our store, and all of them are highly recommended. More delicious food is throughout the town, and it is all within walking distance of our store.
- For children's activities, City Beach has two swimming areas with lifeguards in the summer, a large playground, basketball court, tennis courts, volleyball and a large grassy area. There is also a nice RV campground to stay in. The City Beach is also where the Cruise ship leaves from, so you and your kids could take a tour of the beautiful Lake Pend Oreille.
- If your children like art, Creations in the Cedar Street Bridge is an excellent place to go. This is a place where kids can go practice art activities for free!
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort is the place for amazing skiing and boarding. The views of the lake and the town are worth the trip up there alone, but toss is awesome skiing and a village full of shops, you may never leave. (Did we mention that our chocolates are also available in Gourmandie and Taps?)
- If you are interested in a western ranch experience, Western Pleasure Guest Ranch is the place to go. Ride a horse, sleigh rides and cross country skiing are just a few of the activities they offer. The lodge there is beautiful.
- Do you enjoy shopping? Come on downtown. We have great clothing stores for men and women. A large number of art galleries are mixed throughout town. While you are here, get a tattoo as a permanent reminder of great memories.
- In 2011, Sandpoint was named the Most Beautiful Small Town in America by Rand McNally. The town is still as beautiful now as it was then.
- We have two Classic Car shows. One in May and one in September. A must for all classic car lovers.
- Silverwood Theme Park is a short drive to the south. This is the largest Theme Park in the northwestern United States.
- Canada is 60 miles to the north.