These simple cookies take less than an hour to prepare and bake, and they cool quickly for easy decoration. With a simple cream cheese or chocolate frosting, these cookies are mouthwatering!
-2 Mixing Bowls
Total Cooking Time:
2 3/4 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups White Sugar
1 tsp Chocolate Vanilla Infusion
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing constantly.
5. On a well floured surface, roll or shape the dough into flattened circles or holiday characters. Place on cookie sheet, spaced a few inches apart.
6. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are a light golden color. Let stand for 2 minutes.
7. Cool the cookies on wire racks for 10-20 minutes.
8. Decorate the cookies and enjoy!
To prevent your cookies from becoming very stiff, frost and store them (or eat them!) as soon as they are cool.