Our scones take the traditional British scone, and add some sweetness in our delicious dark chocolate and the Chocolate Vanilla Infusion. These scones are perfect with tea, coffee, or even a glass of milk. And they are always perfect when eaten hot and fresh!
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
6 tbsp Softened Butter, cut into pats
3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp Chocolate Vanilla Infusion
2 cups Chopped Chocolate
1 tbsp Powdered Sugar for topping (optional)
- 2 mixing bowls
- Whisk / electric mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper (optional)
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 18-20 medium scones
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease your baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
3. Slowly add the pats of butter, mixing them in well, until the mixture is evenly crumbly.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and vanilla. Set aside 2 tbsp of this mixture.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients and chopped chocolate to the liquid ingredients. Mix to form a moist dough.
6. Transfer the dough to a heavily floured rolling mat or flat surface. Gently pat and pound the dough into a rough 8" circle.
7. Using a sharp knife dusted in flour, cut the dough neatly into 2-3" triangles. Brush the tops of the triangles with the reserved egg/cream mix, and dust lightly with the powdered sugar. Space evenly on your baking sheet.
8. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
9. Serve warm.
- The dough may be refrigerated overnight, or frozen. Cooking times may vary.
- Leftover scones can be reheated in the microwave for a lovely warm breakfast. We suggest adding a smidgen of butter or vegetable spread to reheated scones, depending on your preference.