Crust (with nuts):
*An allergy safe alternative crust at the bottom of the recipe
1/2 cup Cashews
3/4 cup Peanuts
1 Tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp Almond Flour
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
16 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cocoa vanilla infusion
7 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa), chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 pinches sea salt
6 4.5inch Springform cake pans
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Chop nuts in a food processor.
- Brush a small amount of butter along the inside of the pans.
- Dust bottom and sides of springform pans with the chopped nuts.
- Pulse in the salt and milk powder briefly until combined. Add the butter and remaining ingredients and blitz until doughy.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the springform pans.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Combine the two mixtures, mixing well.
- Whisk the melted chocolate into the mixture until well combined. Whisk in the cocoa powder. Season with the sea salt and vanilla infusion, mixing well. Add extra seasonings to taste.
- Remove the springform pans from the fridge, and place on a baking sheet. Pour the filling in, covering the base fully.
- Bake for one hour.
- Once cooked, the top of the cheesecake should have only a slight wobble in the center, without any cracks. Remove from the oven and run a sharp knife along the edge to loosen from the sides.
- Turn the oven off, and return the cheesecake to the oven, cracking the door slightly. This allows the cheesecake to cool slowly, preventing cracks.
- Once cool, refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cheesecake can be stored, covered, for up to a week in the fridge.
3 tbsp unsalted butter
7 oz high-quality gingersnaps with no lemon oil
3/4 oz skimmed milk powder
3/4 tsp fine ground sea salt
4 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Brush a small amount of melted butter on the insides of the cake pans.
- Blitz the cookies in a food processor until they have a crumblike texture. Lightly dust the bottom and sides of the springform pan with the crumbs, knocking the extra back into the food processor.
- Add the milk powder and salt to the remaining crumbs, and pulse briefly to combine. Add the remaining butter and the cream and blitz until well combined.
- Use this dough to line the bottom of the pans, pressing it into the bottom.
- Cover and refrigerate.