This is the perfect gourmet coffee drink to brew at home, where you can pick not only your favorite coffee blend, but also exactly which chocolate you prefer!
1 dark chocolate Bean to Bar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup hot, strong coffee or expresso
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup white milk
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Whipped cream or marshmallow fluff (for topping)
1. Break the Bean to Bar into pieces along the ridges.
2. Combine the chocolate, sugar, coffee, water, and cinnamon into your medium saucepan over low heat.
3. Stir constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
4. Increase the heat slowly to just boiling. Then, decrease the heat to medium and simmer, stirring constantly, for four minutes.
5. Stir in the milk and heavy cream, and heat over medium. Do NOT let this boil, or you will burn the milk.
6. Remove from heat, and whip with your whisk until foamy on top.
7. Serve in mugs, topped with whipped cream or a marshmallow. Drink hot.
-The Bean to Bar chocolate can be replaced by 3-4 of your favorite truffles.
-If using milk chocolate, try decreasing the sugar by half, as milk chocolate is sweeter.
-If you wish to add a syrup, such as huckleberry, it's best added along with the chocolate for a more even flavor.
-During winter, add a peppermint stick when topping your cup, for a delightful winter taste.