4 quart slow cooker
Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 7 hours
1 lb Chicken Breast, Cut into bite sized pieces
1 lb Smoked Sausage (garlic sausage, spicy sausage, kielbasa, etc)
1 lb shrimp, cleaned and peeled.
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 spicy pepper, diced (jalapeno, habanero, etc.) - Optional
3 ribs celery, peeled and diced
28 oz (1 can) diced tomatoes
16 oz chopped okra
3 tsp garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1-3 cups water
2 tbsp Choco Cajun Spice - Can adjust to taste
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker, excluding the shrimp.
- Add the water slowly, until the broth is just below the top of the solid ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In the last hour of cooking, salt the shrimp lightly, and add the shrimp to the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Serve with dinner rolls or freshly made bread.